Thursday, September 4, 2008

BUSY BUSY BUSY

Well I believe fall is finally here. The weather has cooled down tremendously and has actually been enjoyable. Hans is busy with Hormel, they have him coming in later now which is great, only 12 hour days at the most instead of the 14/15 hour days that he was putting in!!!! I myself am busy with school in Rochester. Taking classes to get my associates degree in Intensive Care Paramedicine! Very exciting, but a struggle at the same time. I am also working for Mayo Health Systems in Mankato which is rewarding but stressful due to the long drive both to Mankato and Rochester almost 7 days a week. However today I learned I can take a bus to Rochester from Austin which means only driving a couple days a week which I can handle! Austin makes for a short drive being that it is only 20 minutes from our house and in the winter it will be great not to have to drive on the snowy icey roads that Minnesota is known for. I am actually in the process of applying to local nursing home St. Johns so please for those of you who read this say your prayers that I will at least get an interview because that would mean a 20 minute comutte compared to 80 minutes. It gets old 80 minutes both ways 7 days a week and doesn't leave a whole lot of time for sleeping, eating, and having much of a social life.

Since I have been out of Mayo things have been going well. Liver enzymes are still significantly elevated which they are working on to figure out why, because at some point as they said it could become detrimental to my health. All the tests they have done have come back negative which is good, but at some point there has to be some reason for why they are at the levels they are at.

Hope everyone is doing well and we hope to hear back from someone at least one person would be nice. We have not gotten any responses back on any of our blogs which is quite disappointing.

Take Care
Love Liz and Hans

No comments: