Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Baby Clothes

The week is off to a fabulous start! Yesterday we had our 38 week (yes 38 weeks) OB check up and well there is no news...it will most likely be after Thanksgiving that baby Schafer decides to join all of us which is fine by both of us. Given the current situation we will be having a baby December 1st sometime at least that is my guess! OB appointments really don't take that long anymore so that left us with time to take Emmet to the dog park which he desperately needs to go to each day otherwise he ends up with way to much energy come midnight (bedtime)!

Today....well I babysit two adorable boys who are 14 months and 4 years old. Of course they keep a 9month pregnant lady hoping non-stop but boy am I exhausted tonight. Hans had a very productive day with Emmet by his side. The two of them cleaned out the entire garden, mowed and bagged leaves from the entire yard and put everything in the compost. The yard looks fabulous and tomorrow we will take our wild flower fencing and garden fencing down for the winter and put away in the shed and that means CHRISTMAS LIGHT TIME!! I LOVE Christmas lights, NO we will not turn them on until AFTER Thanksgiving but it is always fun to go through and pick out what we want to put up this year..yes I said pick out....I am a bit of an extremist when it comes to Christmas lights. I LOVE THEM. They are second in line to Hallmark Christmas Ornaments! So tonight I am completely exhausted but I know if I go to bed now (8pm) I will be wide awake at midnight or 1am then be even MORE tired tomorrow. So I chose to try and attempt to organize the baby's clothing.

Who knew....seriously....that babies would have so much STUFF? I mean seriously...it is insane I know they need it, and they use it but it is just insane how much there is when you sit down and try to organize it. I think the worst part is knowing that they only wear half the stuff a few times and then it is time to box it away...depressing to even think about. Oh well....we have managed to not buy a whole bunch of 0-3 month clothing for that reason....baby Schafer is going to wear and re-wear lots of the same because they spend such a short amount of time in that size. We have a good amount of 3-6 month clothing which they spend a lot of time in so that is nice. I am trying to find a way to organize so that Hans understands what is more appropriate for daytime versus night time. As long as the baby is clothed is all that really matters but he has asked lots of questions and I am trying my best to explain everything. Like why a baby needs a onsie and a sleeper....needless to say this is going to be quite the journey but as long as we are in it together we will do just fine and hopefully survive.

If anyone as suggestions on clothing organization I would love to hear about it!
I will post pictures once the clothes are all put away and organized....soon I hope!

No comments: