Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Update

Well fellow bloggers I am back and hopefully this time to stay! Hopefully I will have a couple people who will hold me accountable for blogging on a regular basis but we shall see!

Life in the Schafer house has been crazy! Quick monthly update since March 2010:


March: We cruised away to the Easter Caribbean on our wonderful honeymoon. While cruising we have decided to try and make this a yearly adventure for the two of us, again a goal but we will see how that goes with baby on the way!

I almost forgot - found out I was 6 weeks pregnant around the middle of the month. We were told in December that in order for us to have children we would have to depend on infertility treatments and well I was pregnant about 6 weeks after that appointment! Amazing how God works in such mysterious ways!


April: Celebrated Easter and a crazy month in school for me as I completed my junior year of nursing school!

May: Junior year complete - light at the end of the tunnel with nursing school! We were able to celebrate 2 years in our house this May which just seems crazy, absolutely crazy how fast time flies! We started to remodel the entire upstairs as well in preparation for baby.

June/July/August - I was a nanny this summer for two families and busy preparing for our little ones arrival. The summer months were extremely hot and some days down right excruciating on this pregnant lady but I survived! Hans and I also got a new heating and cooling system this summer with whole house air and water purification and whole house humidification which is absolutely amazing! June 27, 2010 we celebrated our first year of marriage which was really fun. We went out for Sushi (me), Pizza (Hans) and did lots of baby shopping and furniture shopping. We bought the rest of bedroom set as our anniversary/birthday present which was awesome and it looks stellar!

September: The light is at the end of the tunnel although many days with all this school work it seems quite dim! Pregnancy is going well and the house is in total disarray due to Hans crappy work schedule but it will all get done eventually! Oh and the house is still a disaster at this point.....the entire upstairs!! This month we had 3 weddings, and we made it to one in Madison, WI for one of Hans best friends! It was a great trip, great wedding, and a great weekend for the two of us to spend some alone time together!
 

October: BIRTHDAY MONTH! Hans celebrated his 29th birthday on the 9th by going to Ames and having dinner with my mom and Bill at his favorite pizza place! I celebrated my 27th birthday on the 15th with a nice sushi dinner and buffalo wild wings....I know what a combination! Then Emmet the most important birthday of all - - He had his 1st birthday on October 28th! If you can't tell we are very proud parents to such a wonderful puppy! Yes, he is still a puppy! Goldendoodles are considered puppies until about the age of 3 even though he weighs 80+ lbs! At least he is cute!! This month we had our contractor come and we got all new wood trim, jam boards, and doors ordered for the entire upper half of our house! We went with all solid oak and a beautiful sahara color. Our bedroom is complete now with our new furniture all here and in its place all we need now is the woodwork to be installed and to hang some pictures. My mom and Bill came this month and sanded and primed walls in the upstairs and painted ceilings! Praise God for wonderful parents! Hans mother also made a whole bunch of baby blankets and burp cloths to put in the nursery which is very helpful and we look forward to using them!

Baby month is finally here! NOVEMBER!!! - Wow it is only the second of the month and so much has already happened! We had our 37 week appointment yesterday and things are going well. Well in the sense that everyone is healthy. However.....I am no where near ready to have this baby. I am due on November 21 but the doctor is guessing by how things look right now we wont be meeting our little bundle of joy until AFTER Thanksgiving! Which seems like forever, but if they try to induce and my body is not ready it will only lead us straight to having a C-Section and of course we want to avoid that if at all possible. The baby room is now almost complete. We have the paint up, crib up, and dresser almost completely built. The rocker and ottoman is coming tomorrow and the closet shelving should be installed by Friday! Hopefully the contractor will be calling soon that our doors and woodwork are all in and ready to be installed! I have 99% of the baby laundry done....just a load of blankets to wash and then it will be complete! I can't wait to start hanging everything and filling the drawers! We have lots and lots of diapers to try and find places for too which yes I know we will need lots of, but we have about 15 boxes of them right now! Trying to find a place to store them all should be quite interesting! The living room is nearing completion as well. We have two walls with their first round of paint up and two walls left to sand and paint. Hopefully by 13th the entire upstairs will be complete - painting and furniture that is! It would be great if all the woodwork was done but if not we wait until it is ready. School is going well this month, I worked extremely hard in the early months to get all my clinical hours done doing two and three days a week and it paid off - I finished 3 weeks early which is amazing. I now have time to put my feet up and relax which I need to do because I have LOTS of swelling! The light at the end of the tunnel for both pregnancy and school is getting brighter every day which is encouraging, there are still days when the light gets dim but that is normal and we get through it!

Hans has been very busy between running with Emmet on a near daily basis 5 miles, working on the house, and of course working LOTS! Hormel works their employees until they are near death but I guess that's what happens when you are salaried! However it is paying off his 60-80 hours a week that he puts in because he is getting 2 weeks off when the baby comes!


Well I believe that is all for now! That is quite a bit though! Hope you enjoy the pictures!









No comments: